Muslim Women in Leadership
Leadership Certificate Program
Master the art of leadership within the context of the BC Muslim community. Do you work in a leadership role or are you aspiring to become a leader in a Muslim organization? Apply to take part in our six session leadership certificate program tailored to meet your needs and connect you with a like-minded cohort of women.
Are you excited to learn and apply the following topics:
- Respectful & Effective Communications with Razia Hamidi - Saturday, July 3, 2021- 9 am - 11 am
- Styles of Leadership with Luay Kawasme - Saturday, August 7, 2021 - 9 am -11 am
- Conflict Management & Problem Solving with Shelina Mawani - Saturday, September 4, 9am - 11 am.
- Stakeholder Relationship - with Tanweer Ibrahim - Saturday, October 2, - 9am -11am
- Ethics and Civil Responsibility/ Muslim Leadership & Unity Training - November (Date, Time & Speaker TBC)
- Close the Gap with Allyship Roundtable - November (Date, Time & Speaker TBC)
- Community Showcase - December (Date, Time & Speaker TBC)
To Apply: Applications are now closed. Selected applicants will be notified on June 15th, 2021.
Program begins July 3rd, 9am - 11am PST. Program will require online zoom participation of one 2 hour session every month and approximately 2-3 hours per month of readings, assignments, reflections and personal development on your own time independently. Optional reading list will be assigned during the program.
Each session will consist of two parts - a live presentation and q & a session with a community leader followed by an interactive activity.
For any questions or further information, please contact us at email@example.com
1. Do I need to be a VMW member to attend this program? No, but we highly encourage you to join us and our sisterhood of Muslim professional women. We have membership tiers from $0 / $100 annually and every dollar goes directly this platform for Muslim women by Muslim women.
2. Is there any cost to this program? No, it's absolutely free to participants and proudly paid for by VMW members.